I suffer hugely from allergies. Have since I was a kid. Never found anything that has worked. Been on multiple meds, and nada. Always suffer come this time of year, but worse in the fall. Have to sleep sitting up, and am usually so damn medicated I can barely function, and that's just to be able to open my eyes.
So, watching Dr. Oz on Oprah today, and at first I was grossed out, but I thought , "what the hell". He had this thing called a Neti, which is basically for a nasal enema. You use warm salt water and basically a seive type instrument to pour the water into your sinus cavity to clear it out. I did not have one of the nifty little bowls he used, but I created my own, using a kitchen funnel and a cup of water. You pour it in and it basically goes in one nostril and comes out the other. For a breif bit, it feels a little like drowning, but then, ah...so good. I stood up and emptied all the snot out of my nose (sorry, told you it was gross) and I...Could...Breathe! It got stuff out I could feel had been in there for perhaps years.
I have practiced yoga for about 5-6 years, and I have never hard of this. I knew I loved yoga for a really great reason. I highly recommend it for anyone who has sinus issues. Granted, it only worked for about an hour, but I have a cold, and my allergies, so having relief for even that short period of time was awesome.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment