Thursday, July 17, 2008

Camera happy fool (or an abnormal day in my life)

We decided to go for an inprompto picnic at Mark's co-worker's house yesterday afternoon. When a child doesn't sleep we keep him busy to avoid further destruction. He had a blast with Ralph's two daughter's, Juliet and Analise, and on their jungle gym and the pool.


We also discovered that sunscreen and water makes an excellent gel for a mohawk. Oh, and the man above is the hubby. He usually takes pics, not poses for them (unless being geeky, for those who remember the faux marathon shots from last year).

On the drive home we saw the coolest thing, a rainbow with a strike of lightning over it. I couldn't get the lightning, but I kinda got the rainbow.


Since Ralph lives right on the lake (Ontario that is), we decided to stop at our favorite sushi place on the way home for some all you can eat sushi. One thing is for sure, we can consume a lot less than we used to. While we were on the lake, we discovered they were also having an outdoor concert, so we ate on the patio, which helped keep Ryan entertained while we had some saki. We then went to go get Abbott's frozen custard - YUM!

One the drive home, Ryan was seconds from passing out in the car, so we told him to dance. He loves to dance in the car. Does he look pooped or what?



He went to sleep pretty much immediately upon entering his bedroom. No destruction, no temper tantrums. Then mommy went to bed. The end.

7 comments:

Annita said...

Awesome day.
I totally remember the faux marathon pics. Thumbs up! ;-)

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a fun day! I can't believe your non-sleeping child was able to keep up the energy all day long! Mine would've thrown multiple fits (and over tiny things like what shade of blue his underwear is).

BTW, that inflatable jet ski thing is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

Rock out little Ry! That's awesome!
Plus, what could be better than music, sushi, sake, and a boy who goes right to bed? Now that's a good day!

Alicia said...

I love Ry rocking out in the car!

What an awesome day.

Lweeks said...

Sounds and looks like the perfect day. I remember those faux marathon pics! Next time I want to see you in at least one of the pics!

Anonymous said...

what a fun day!!! loved the pics. especially the mohawk :-) he rocks that hairstyle!

Lisa said...

Awesome day! I love the 'burn out' events where the kids are barely able to keep their eyes open on the way home. I didn't recognize mark without his running shoes on and a big dorky grin.