Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thank you Homey!

Cristina's advice worked today, like a charm. For some reason it never occurred to me to sit in his room until he fell asleep. I did it today and within 15 minutes - Voila! He was sound asleep. And is still sleeping. Perhaps refusing to sleep for a week has made him extremely tired? Maybe I should wake him? Ah, no, forget it. He can sleep.

Ahhh, sweet mommy downtime. Thank you thank you thank you!

Oh,and I got a 2 hour nap. I woke up and was like "Whoa, it's 5:30 already? Shit." Yes, I talk out loud to myself. Topic for another day. This nap was dedicated to Homey and her fountain of brilliance!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Hurray! I am so glad that Homey's idea worked, because you needed a break and that kid needed some sleep! I hope it works tomorrow too!

Anonymous said...

LOL at "bliss is a sleeping baby". Truer words have never been written! Good job, Homey and congrats to you, Sara. There's nothing better than sweet mommy downtime.

Anonymous said...

yay! something i did worked for someone else!*

*liability disclaimer: if aforementioned method begins to fail, original writer not responsible for conduct of child or damage to personal property in room.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you! I hope this keeps up (if it doesn't, you can always blame it on Homey too).

Christina said...

I'm thrilled that Homey's advice worked, hope this is the beginning of a new era of naptimes!