Ry lived on a diet of pure sugar today. Literally. He refused to eat anything but the candy people kept giving to him, despite our asking them not to. I think breakfast was a package of M&M's and a Three Musketeer's bar, and then for a snack, a banana. He refused lunch. Ate two bites of dinner. I lost track of what he ate throughout the day. I know, I'm the parent. I can set the limits. But... it is Halloween and he did crash at nap time, and hopefully, will soon at bedtime because we're leaving for NYC at 6am. Fun, fun!
And with no further ado.... here is the cutest, and scariest, ghost kitty in all the land. It took me weeks of planning, organizing, buying, cutting, and finally, sewing to make it. Now, I know it's no work of art or anything, but I am damn proud. I think he looks pretty darn good.
Ryan: Can I have some candy please?
Unsuspecting Neighbor: Why, aren't you cute?
Ryan: Trick or treat, can I have some candy please?
UN: Of course, pick which one you want honey.
Ryan: I want this.... and this.... and this....
UN: Oh that's so cute.
Ryan: Have a good night... Oh, and thank you.
Some neighbors got more than they bargained for in the form of a three-year-old's interrogation tactics. See this to illustrate my point, of which this was only one and not the funniest (alas, mommy is slow with the camera in the dark):
Eventually, after about 25 houses, Ryan was getting tired and the sugar high was wearing precariously thin. Here's a sad ghost kitty *whine*.

2 comments:
So, SO cute! I love the costume, and I'm SO impressed!! I bet your neighbors had a ball with Ry!! NYC!? Have fun! Anything exciting? Just a day trip?
Looks like Ryan brought in a good haul this year! He'll be hyper for weeks :P
The costume looks great, I couldn't have made it! You should be really proud, he looked proud to be wearing it.
Post a Comment