Friday, January 30, 2009

OMG he's bald. And the only pics I got from Richmond.

There are some things about raising a boy that I have very little interest in or need for input on. Circumcision for instance. I don't own a penis and never will, and I had no strong feelings one way or the other about it, so I let Mark decide. He decided to do it, and I was fine with that as long as he went with him.

Hair is also one of those things I give little consideration to. It's not of major consequence, so, I gave Mark the go ahead to get Ry's hair cut. It has been sticking up in the back where his cowlick is no matter how many times I tried to contain it, and although beyond cute, it always looks messy. But, it was adorable on my not quite yet 4 year-old. I'm a firm believer in bald being beautiful on the right person, at the right age and stage in life, but on my little boy with his blond little waves??? I almost burst into tears when they came home from the barber shop. The only reason I didn't was because Ry got so upset when he saw me upset that I knew I had to contain it. No need to make both of us cry.

Let's see who agrees with me, shall we? The before (taken last night with his"Wonder Woman" cake he made for Auntie Lissa who is leaving to go back to school tomorrow, *sniff*):
The after:

The hair! Or lack there of! He looks so much older and I hate it. At least it grows back, right?! Maybe I need to have firmer opinions about some things.


On a separate, completely unrelated note, I went to Richmond a couple weekend's ago, in a pre-Obama celebration/reason to get drunk and stay up talking all day and night situation with 5 friend's from all over the country. It was awesome! I did not take many photos as I know I am far from a good photographer and quite honestly was just enjoying the ambiance so much I didn't think of it. So here is the few I did get and a video that kind of sums it all up for me:
Not exactly sure why Cristina was voguing in a diner booth, but she was (as we all did afterward, followers that we are).


Dueling Photographers with Annita

Beautious Jess

No, I was not drunk nor hungover. Just that un-photogenic.

But I'm much better with video, and I think this very much displays how most of our weekend was spent...

Also known as "Annita makes moist panties sound SO hot!"

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Yes, yes the video! I was wondering where that was.

And I think Ry looks cute. Yeah, he looks a little older, so i know how that can hurt a mommy's heart. It will grow back. And probably pretty quickly.

Christina said...

WOW! At least it's not totally bald, I was expecting major patches of bare skin. It is VERY short though. As a non-mom-of-boys I can honestly say I think he looks handsome, although I can appreciate that seeing your son apparently age a couple of years would be a shock. Still, try to comfort yourself with the fact that he's still adorable.

Homeslice said...

i was expecting a lot worse so i was pleasantly surprised. i think when it grows in it will look even better. i still think he's super handsome.

and thanks for the moist panties video. made my week!

leaner said...

He looks ok, but its like the day that Rhayn decided to cut Gwennie's bangs... it made her look older, and different. I wasn't ready for it. So totally understand that feeling.

And THANK you for the video! It was awesome... awesome I tell you. Now I can forever listen to Annita saying moist panties.

Annita said...

Oh, the hair is not that bad! It will grow back pretty soon, all this will be a faintly remembered nightmare.

And, OMG!!!, the video! hahahahahahaha
Moist panties y'all!

Jenni said...

Ry's hair isn't too short at all and he still looks so handsome! I remember when Bryan shaved Justin's hair I was ready to kill him.

I love that video! I almost spit coffee all over my computer.

Jess said...

I don't think Ryan looks so bad! He's cute, no matter how short his hair is.

Love the video, only Annita could make that phrase sound sexy!

jae said...

Ryan looks very cute and grown up!

Love the cake, btw. Great job with WW!