Sunday, May 27, 2007

Update on work

Well, I have had two interviews, and got the one job, so far. The one is in the jail and it's per diem, which is honestly wonderful. Being able to work only when I want to will be great. This did not come too soon either, because I got word today from a mole in the administrative offices that they have decided to force me to go full-time, which is NOT happening. After many long discussions, my husband and I decided we are not willing to give up the situation we have with our son now (no day care) to work full-time at a job I don't love or feel appreciated at. Knowing I have a back-up plan leaves my nerves a little soothed and not feeling so desperate. Even if they tell me I'm gone tomorrow, which I don't think will happen, but who knows, I can work at the jail and pick up as many hours as I can to make up the money I'll be missing. And the one girl I'll be doing some coverage for goes on maternity leave within two weeks, which buys me three months to search for a more permanent job. Mark's freaking out a little, but I actually feel relieved. I've been thinking I needed to leave here for a while, and this just lighted a fire under my butt. Now, hopefully, I can find somewhere where I will be respected and appreciated, and get fulfillment from the work. What a novel concept...

No comments: