Friday, April 25, 2008

Why I should stop pretending I can live without coffee

This morning, I slept in, my only day off this week, and woke up thinking, 'damn Starbuck's sounds awesome right now.' But, I have been trying to cut back on my coffee usage for months. I know I was becoming addicted, and part of quitting means not drinking it on days that I do not work.




So, this AM I instead decided to try and make some tea, or more accurately, a chai latte. Can't be that hard right? So I slip a mug of milk in the microwave for three minutes. Now, I know what you are thinking, bad idea right? Well, yes, yes it was. It curdled and stuck to the side of the cup. OK, gross, but I really wanted the latte.




So, I try again, only putting the milk in for a minute this time, figuring maybe if I stir it I can prevent it from curdling. Well, no. See, it doesn't work that way. I again got a curdled nasty mess. I rinse the cup again and think, maybe I should stick to just plain old tea.

So I pour some water in the coffee pot to warm it up, which I do all the time. It percolates and I pour it into my cup, so looking forward to the tea at this point I can taste it. What do I get? Little floating milky threads everywhere. EEWWWW! Undrinkable.

So this time I get a new mug. And I brew plain water. And I "enjoy" my plain tea. :( After ripping off the string thingy on the last bag of tea, so I can't fish it out.

Maybe Starbucks was a better idea? Who says I shouldn't drink coffee anyway? Maybe I should have some coffee first before attempting to make more tea?

No comments: