We made it nine hours to Richmond, VA, en route to the Outer Banks, NC, in the car today without one word of complaint from my favorite 3-year-old. Miraculous, no? Mommy and daddy had more grumblings than little super kitty. Now, granted he had his little imaginary friend "Katie" to accompany him, but still, I am amazed. Portable DVD players are great inventions. We have the rest of our trip, approximately 3 hours with no traffic, to head through tomorrow. Ryan has already started to beg to see "the beach." The concept means nothing to him since he's never really seen one, but, I'm pretty sure he'll be happy with where ever we land semi-permanently. So will I, as, currently, it is 2:14am and I can't sleep. A king size bed with two boys who apparently have no concept of my existence has made sleep impossible. Ugh. I damn well better get lots of naps when we get there.
Oh, I forgot to mention... Mark is running his 4th and 5th marathons this fall, Rochester and NYC, and I am so proud. Really. But he got up at 5:30am to run 8 miles today. Who does that??? He ran 16 yesterday (technically Thursday). I sometimes wonder what is wrong with the man while secretly wishing I had an ounce of his motivation. Know what I have done for exercise in the past week? One yoga class and 8+ hours of driving. No wonder my ass keeps getting bigger.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
How exciting! I can't wait for Ryan to make it to the beach... he's going to LOVE IT! Take lots of pics for me please :)
Hope the rest of the drive is as easy as it's been so far (as far as the child goes, that is). My advice: buy two dozens of Krispy Kremes. Next time the husband says something dumb, shove a doughnut in his mouth and yours. Everyone happy!
Gee Sara, did you manage to get some sleep? You can always snooze on the beach, I guess, while energizer-bunny daddy handles the little one. ;-) Use sunblock!
WTH Jae? Suggesting 2(!!!) dozens of Krispy Kremes (yuuuuuum) to a woman who's complaining about her rear end? Now I want some too. To hell with the consequence.
i'm so glad ryan is doing well in the car. our portable dvd player has saved my life more times than i can count. can't wait to see you guys on the way back!
Lucky you - 8 hours on the road with a 3 yr old that was mellow. Haven't heard of that! Can't wait to see pics of your vacation. Are you going to see Homey?? I'm pretty sure if your partner burns calories you do as well - osmosis or something. Have fun!
Ryan will LOVE the beach! I know my boys about fell over each other trying to be the first one to get there! You'll love the Outer Banks, it really is beautiful there.
Oh, tell Mark that I am seriously impressed with his mad running skills, I wish I was able to run 8 miles! I am working on it though!
Yay for portable DVD players...aren't they the best thing ever!? Can't wait for beach pics and you must INSIST on getting in those naps! I'm in awe of your hubby. Its been killing me to run 2 to 3 miles per day and he's prepping for marathons!! Those people amaze me...
I love portable DVD players! They've saved my butt on the long trips by myself with the kids.
Ew, running? While on vacation? And not to catch a plane? You're right... who does that?
You can use your riding in the car time to do butt tightening exercises! Tighten then loosen, tighten then loosen. Your butt will look awesome after 8 hours of that!
Your kid is awesome. Seriously awesome. I hope the trip back is just as good.
And your hubby is crazy:)
Post a Comment