Friday, August 15, 2008

I left Maya's Mom

In case anyone doesn't know, they are closing it anyway and transferring everything to Baby Center. Now this may mean nothing to some, but to most, you can understand why I chose not to transfer my account. I haven't been active since most of you left any way. I belong to Baby Center and have since I was trying to conceive, but I never joined for social reason and find it to be too huge and, honestly, just not as good. I kept waiting for Maya's Mom to resemble the site I once loved, and it never did, so, I give up (with or without choice). I did just transfer all of my old journals over to blog entries though, so if you noticed a huge flurry of activity... I was not in a particularly chatty/writing mood, I just didn't want to lose any of my past entries. I never saved a lot of it anywhere else and I don't want to lose the memories. My memory is swiss cheese, and hey, ain't that what blogs are for.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I transfered journals over a little before I left; call it a premonition or something.

It is most unfortunate that they are closing down MM. We all got a lot out of the site, and to think it won't be there anymore is just sad.

I've taken a peek at the NBC, and in all honesty, it just seems like a bitchfest. I have a feeling quite a few people are just going to close up shop like you did.

Jess said...

I saved all my old journals too, just put them all in word documents so I would still have them.

Mm hasn't been the same in a looong time, but I am glad I found you there! I met some great people on that site.

leaner said...

A long time ago, between my two kids (5 years?) I wanted another baby. However hubby wasn't on board. I joined a group on BC to chat about it. We joked about "scooping" (guess what that is...) and hoping for an "oops" baby. There was like 10 of us. But we were ridiculed constantly on BC. We made an MSN group and have been friends ever since. Each in her turn getting their hubby to agree to another child. (Only one had an oops with the Nuvaring.)

We left BC for the simple reason that it was too big too crazy, and no moderation.

I am so thankful for my little while at MM, because I met all of you. I closed my account today but hadn't checked in since Homey left.