Since getting back from vacation a little over a week ago, I've been kinda out of sorts and a little sad. Vacations ending always sucks, but when they are complete with angry rides home doing 95 miles an hour, they are made even worse. I have no idea what he was even mad about, but he was being a cranky little bitch. Yes, Mark, you.
Anyway, enough venting. Here's what has been going on:
*On the way back home we stopped to visit Cristina and her wonderful family. I fell in love with her two girls whom she can send to come stay at Chez Sands anytime. Arden took a liking to me and the feeling was mutual. I could eat her up. Ryan liked her too, so bonus. He loved and still talks about "the girls". Makes me wish I lived closer so I could see her everyday (and be a non-plastic neighbor for her) which is partly what has had me in a funk. Realizing you live so far apart from you strongest support systems really sucks. I miss my friends (the ones not here in Ra-cha-cha with me of course).
*I went back to work and realized working is not all it's cracked up to be. Ryan didn't take well to me going back and now when I get home he's super clingy. I miss him too and when at work all I want to do is get home to him. Getting up early, via alarm clock, stinks too.
* Mark finally went back to work a few days after me and I realized our marriage works due to our time apart. I like time together, but too much togetherness = me wanting to throttle him. Here's to work!
* I signed Ryan up for his first swim class ever. I realized after seeing the fish that Lily and Arden are that perhaps I was being just a tad over-protective and that maybe letting Ryan learn to swim could be a good thing. Yes, I knew this all along, but letting him out of my sight is hard. He went to his first one last night and was absolutely adorable, if not paying all that much attention. Not only did he not cling to me (I signed him up for classes without parent) but he was climbing into the water and ready to let go after 45 minutes.
*While deciding that swim lessons are ok, I also realized that, sadly, my child is boring of me for his sole source of entertainment, so in addition to swim lessons, I signed him of for a tiny sports class offered through our town. He'll get to learn sports skills and hang out with other kids. We got him new soccer and basketballs (ok, that was more for mommy) and he seems a soccer natural. What's next? Preschool??? Say it isn't so.
*Mark runs his first of 2 marathons this season on Sunday. I personally am just glad to be getting them over with and hope my sane, and somewhat rational, husband will return once they are over. Running consumes his life about 4 months out of the year while training and it leaves me.... well, bitter and resentful. I know, I shouldn't complain. My husband is healthy and in great shape. He's not out doing other things that could be bad for him. However, obsessing over every piece of food that goes in your mouth and every second of exercise ceased being entertaining to me after my brief stint of anorexia in college. I don't care what you eat Mark. Just fucking eat. I also don't care how many miles you've ran, as long as you don't make me. AHHHHH!
Laziness will once again consume me now as I say goodnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Laziness is so underrated. Om.
what an awesome blog post, and thanks a fucking lot for making me cry! i wish i could sit on your couch and be lazy with you. we could drink wine and eat until we were both in a stupor.
oh, and congrats on signing the ry-no up for swimming (or "fwimming" in arden-speak). we miss you too.
After seeing Lily and Arden be their fishy little selves, I made a note to myself to start Ellie in swim classes possibly next summer, too. Being a 31 year old woman that can't really swim sucks bigtime.
Cristina seems to have that effect on everyone; we all get down after we've been in her presence. She's just so awesomely cool that it heartbreaking when you have to part with her.
We all need to retire on the same street, preferably someplace warm. Jae and I already decided on Maui; I'm sure y'all wouldn't mind joining us.
I love Maui! Consider me in because I miss you guys too! Good job on the swim lessons, I bet he's going to love that! And if you find a cure for the friend-missing funk, send it my way. I'm in the midst of one too. :(
Post a Comment