Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The next Michael Phelps?

Well, I really wouldn't wish the pressure of being an Olympic champion on him, but if it's what he wants, you can all say you saw him when... Ryan had his second swim lesson this evening. I would have gotten photos from the first class, but when you forget your camera, it's hard to do. But I remembered this time. At least there's that. The pic above kills me with how old he looks. When did he get so grown up?

His teacher, Ms. Allison is the cutest pregnant woman alive. Yes, she's 8 months pregnant. Due in 5 weeks. Can't tell can ya?
He doesn't listen any better in class than he does to me (which is oddly reassuring - he's not tuning me out, he just doesn't listen in general).
He even went so far as to jump in without holding on. We've never gotten him that far before. He let go and... woosh, into the water he went, face and all. I'm so proud. Who needs a gold medal? I've got my happy water baby.

5 comments:

Homeslice said...

that is so awesome! i'm gld he likes swimming. next summer he and the girls can take turns jumping off the diving board!!!

Alicia said...

That's awesome! He's gonna be a little fishy in no time.

That woman is 8 months pregnant? Geez. I want to hate her but I can't. She's a tough chica still teaching swim at that stage.

Lweeks said...

Go Ryan, go! How fun - for you both. It is always comforting to know that our kids have selective hearing in other areas. I hope he finishes his lessons before that beautiful Momma pops out that baby!

Jess said...

That's awesome! Ryan looks like he just loves the water. I know where you'll be hanging out all summer long now.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, way to go, RY! You are making me rethink the swimming lesson thing...last time we had to bail out because Cooper cried incessantlhy through the lessons, clinging to us like a small monkey. Maybe it would go better this time?? Ryan looks like he's loving it! And off the edge!? Go Ry GO!!! I do see a future olympian!!