Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Who I am voting for and my life as a grandparent


For those who didn't know, yes, I am an Obama supporter. Should not be a shock. I just got my t-shirt in and I've never been so excited. Ok, yes, I've been more excited, but not in the last few weeks. The fact that it (only mildly) irked Mark made it all the better. I think he may be voting with me this time though... we shall see.

I briefly mentioned Ryan's invisible friends before but he's gotten outright hilarious about them lately. He has Katie, an occasional friend, who went home to be with her mommy yesterday because she was hungry. His other friend, (Wonder) Woman is his favorite. She never leaves him. In fact, he informed me last week that he and Woman had a baby, named Iya. Iya has her own room that he painted purple and he helps feed her. Apparently he's a good and conscientious daddy. He wanted to get a pitcure of him with his "girl," so here they are. Isn't she pretty?
The even funnier part was after I snapped the photo he wanted to see it and looked at the camera, asking me completely seriously, "Where is she mommy? I don't see her!" God, I love this kid.

He also wanted a picture with his new "ghost kitty" which is exactly what he wants to be for Halloween. I've been working on making his costume so I'll post pics after I have it done. I know, it's just a white sheet, but this is a big deal for me. First time I've ever made anything for him. I want it to be perfect.

9 comments:

Homeslice said...

oh, i love ry's imaginary friends. Woman is a total hottie! Arden is jealous.

Anonymous said...

OMG...hysterical! I love it! Wow, he's got a seriously cool imagination! And, um, why can't you guys see her? I can see her and she's fabulous! I love her boots~

Alicia said...

Ry's got good taste; Woman is totally hot and she's so smart, too. They look great together.

Lweeks said...

What a hoot! He's got a brilliant little mind. 20 more days and then we can celebrate. Go Obama!

Christina said...

Imaginary friends are awesome, and an imaginary baby is even better. Maybe I'll steal that idea...

I remember Saskia's best friend for a long time was Taranda. They went on lots of adventures together. I believe she was an Amazon Warrior or something. Good times.

Jess said...

What a vivid imagination, I think that's awesome. And, he wants to be a good daddy...SO CUTE! I wanna hug him!

Good luck on the costume, that is just too ambitious for me :P Can't wait to see pics!

Kate said...

That's the cutest story I've heard in a long time. The photo is priceless. I can't stop giggling about it!

Annita said...

Awwww, Ryan's (Wonder) Woman sure makes him happy and proud! Look at that big smile!
And, go mommy! Making a Halloween costume? WTG!

jae said...

Oh my god, that's so cute! I love how he couldn't see her after you took the picture!