Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ryan's Life Lesson #1

Since having Ryan he has taught me many invaluable lessons, some of which I forget and he needs to remind me (ie. patience always yields the best results and work can be much more fun when you make it play). I want to start keeping track of these things, just to remind myself on the really rough days what is most important.

So... Lesson #1: If it doesn't taste good, why eat it?
Now all things in moderation of course, veggies are a must, but I hate the crusts on most bread so why eat them? They are extra calories I am consuming because I am supposed to but which I get absolutely no enjoyment or fulfillment out of. Ryan never eats his crusts he only eats the gooey, delicious, wonderful insides. And really, what's wrong with that? He gets his fill, he's blissfully happy, and when I let go, we have no arguments or power struggles to get him to eat. So I started following his lead a few weeks ago. Now I'm happily enjoying the crap out of my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Thanks Ry, mommy loves you. Nibble on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Good points!! Perhaps I'll start dining toddler-style as well. I mean, who does love the crust!? Fahgettaboutit! Although I probably won't order hot dogs as restaurants any time soon, and/or cut them up in tiny pieces and eat them with my fingers. LOL~

Homeslice said...

ry's a smart boy. i like his lessons so far!

Lweeks said...

That's a great lesson. Grilled cheese sandwiches cut with a cookie cutter is fun too!

Jess said...

Boy, that Ryan is one smart cookie! I like his point of view :)