We decided to take Ryan to go see Wall E today. Good idea right? Good choice for a first movie theater experience? Hell no. He asked so many questions at full volume we were getting dirty looks: Where'd Wall E go mommy?, who's Eve?, why did they do that?, where are they?, where are they going?, what's that?, and on and on and on.... I have no idea what the hell happened because I didn't actually see any of it. I think I spent half of it in the bathroom encouraging him to use the potty (he didn't and promptly did it as soon as we got in the car, argh). Not only was it a bad experience for me, but it caused Mark and I to bicker as soon as we got in the car because, "He's not bothering me as much as he is you." Oh really, well, my dear husband, who's lap did he sit in for most of the movie? Who fielded most of the questions? Who took him to the bathroom where he proceeded to ask questions about feminine hygiene products??? WHOOOOO? ME.
In short, get DVD's, microwave popcorn, and sit on your own damn couch and you will be more likely to come out of the experience with your sanity intact.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
there's nothing worse than talking in a movie theatre- especially when it's your own kid! so sorry :-) i guess i'd better not ask you how the movie was, eh?
Well, you tried. Live and learn. Next weekend get a sitter and you and hubby go to a movie. I love DVD's!
Aaron's first 'movie theater' movie was rattatouie, or how ever you spell it. He was pretty good, but that's mostly because the sound had him curled up in a ball scared.
I'd love to take him now, he can get really into a movie, but also, he can get bored with a movie easily and I'd hate to waste that money on him freaking out 15 min into it.
At least you can say you tried to take him and maybe he enjoyed it, between bathroom breaks.
Oh, that's harsh! Try again in a year, I bet it will be a much better experience.
Well, the couch is certainly a better venue for movies. At least you tried. Aiden has done fairly well at the movies, but Liam on the other hand...not so much.
Ahhh screw people giving you dirty looks - it's a movie for kids... deal with it, people!
We're taking Nevan to see Kung Fu Panda today! I will be thinking of you :D hehehe
Post a Comment