Tuesday, December 16, 2008

And so it begins...

I always knew a time would come when I would encounter a parent, teacher or fellow student of Ryan's that drove me insane. In a world of stupid people, it had to happen that I'd stumble upon them at some point. Right?!?

No, I don't call people stupid lightly preferring the more mildly phrased "uneducated." But in some cases, if the label fits... Today I went to pick up Ryan from preschool and another mom was there. I had seen her the last few weeks, but she looked so young (tops she was 20, and that's pushing it) I assumed she was the child's babysitter or sister. Perhaps my incorrect perception.

So, she showed up today with her trashy boyfriend/husband. I guess they could be married, I didn't check. They also have a younger child, about 1 1/2, who was in child watch. The guy goes in to pick up the kid, complaining that they had let him fall asleep. I heard one of the nicest ladies in childwatch tell him he only has two hours a day he can use. Apparently the kid had been there almost three hours. No wonder he fell asleep. The staff said they could not find the parent's anywhere in the building. That's because they weren't there. I saw them walk in the front door. You are not allowed to leave the building when you leave your child in childwatch. Pretty much stated everywhere. It's a gym, not a free babysitting service.

Then, I was second in line to go get Ryan. They only let one parent in at a time to make sure they can monitor who is picking up which child. It was my turn and "Bitch" walks right in front of me and shoves the door open. Completely ignoring me and my glare. I should mention I am sick as a dog and in a horrible mood to begin with, so she's lucky I didn't strangle and spit on her.

Then, they walked over to the Adventure Center while I was picking up Ryan. As we were walking by the door they came walking out, complaining that there were too many kids in there. It's reserved from 3-4pm for the kindergarten wrap kids. They discourage other people from coming in. The sign is on the damn door. Then, the "Bitch" trips as she comes out the door, falling almost onto her face, which would have illicited giggles from me had she not fallen on her poor son. The kid looked shell shocked as she began yelling, obscenities, at said trashy boyfriend in a hallway filled with kids under the age of 6. She didn't even inquire as to whether the kid was ok. Nice.

So, this is the beginning of my life of keeping my mouth shut and setting a good example for my son, regardless of how bad other's act. But if I see her again without kids around? She's going down.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa. what a whack. i'd want to slap her silly next time.

Annita said...

Yeah, "uneducated" doesn't cut it for this one.

Alicia said...

Yeah, "uneducated" is way to mild for these people.

Is it awful that I don't like one of the kids that Ellie goes to daycare with? I'll be devestated if he doesn't start kindergarten next year like he's supposed to.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a gem! You are nicer than me to simply call her stupid, I am thinking of a nice word that begins with a "C"...

Jess said...

Well, she just sounds like the perfect mother! I mean leaving you kid in child watch and then leaving is super responsible. I hope you do see her again, without Ryan, so you can strangle and spit on her and not have to explain to him why this is not OK. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Nice. As one of my mom's friends, who is far more cultured than I always says in those situation (where profanity would not be acceptable due to young ears), "God bless 'em"...which actually means, "I really wanna kick that bitch's ass". :)